We invite you to submit abstracts for The 82nd Meeting of the Israel Chemical Society.
Abstracts Submission Deadline EXTENDED:
Final Deadline for ORAL Presentations: December 5, 2016
Deadline for POSTER Presentations: December 15, 2016
Abstract Submission Information
- Abstracts may be contributed for oral, poster or flash-poster talks.
- Notifications to presenting authors will be sent by December 30, 2016
- Registration of the presenting author is mandatory. In order to confirm participation and ensure inclusion in the program, registration is required by January 5, 2017 – the registration deadline for presenters.
- Students presenting their research may apply for subsidized registration fees in the amount of NIS500, to be indicated on the Abstract Form.
- Abstracts of confirmed presentations will be published online in the detailed program which will be available on the Meeting’s website. Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors’ consent to such publication.
- Poster awards will be given to four best posters.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Before you start the abstract submission process, please read and prepare all necessary information detailed below.
The on-line Abstract Submission Form includes the following parts:
Part 1: Presenting author's details
List full contact details (full first name and last name) and upload a portrait photo of the presenter*
, (color or B&W) as JPG, GIF or PNG format. This photo will be included in the on-line abstract.
* In case that for security reasons you are not allowed to publish your photo, please insert the female/male icon which appears on the bottom of this page.
Part 2: Co-authors
- By default, the name of the presenting author will automatically appear as the first author, but the order may be changed as you insert additional names.
- Insert the names of the additional authors in the order that they should appear in the
- abstract. You will be able to change the order, if needed.
- Use full first name and last name of all authors.
Part 3: Affiliation/s (Institution/s)
Part 4a: Presentation type
- Insert name of institution, department, city (state, if relevant) and country. After each institution you have listed, check the box/es of author/s associated with that institution.
- Make a separate entry for each institution. Do not repeat identical institution details if they apply to more than one author.
- Text should be in Upper and Lower Case.
- Do not abbreviate Department, Institute, University, etc.
- In the department field, type in “Department of…….”, as only the words you type in will show on the abstract.
Part 4b: Topic
- Oral Presentation (the number of slots is limited and only a few contributions will be confirmed)
- Oral or Poster
- Flash Poster Talk (5 minute talk in a session in addition to poster presentation)
- Poster Presentation
- Invited Speaker (only if invited by the organizers)
Please select from the list below, the topic that describes best your presentation.
Part 5a: Abstract Title
- Organic Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Bio-Organic Chemistry
- Bio-Inorganic Chemistry
- Industrial Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Biology & Medicinal Chemistry
- Environmental and Green Chemistry
- Chemical Education
- The Chemistry of Everyday
Limited to 25 words. Use Title Case (Capitalize First Letter in all “Major” Words).
Part 5b: Abstract body
Part 6: Preview
- Limited to 275 words including references (fewer if an image/table is included).
- Abbreviations must be defined upon first use and avoided in the title.
- Images and tables may be uploaded in JPG, GIF or PNG format. Please note that each image equals to approx. 35 words. Images should be of up to 500kb.
- Copy & paste your abstract into the abstract area or type it in directly.
proofread your abstract and insert/format special characters that may have been corrupted in the copy & paste process. You can navigate to previous pages by using the Back button on your browser. After proofreading the abstract, click “SUBMIT”.
Part 7: End Message
After you click SUBMIT an automatic “End Message” will indicate that the abstract was successfully submitted.
E-mail Acknowledgement & Abstract Number:
Shortly after submitting your abstract, you will receive by e-mail an automatic submission acknowledgement with your abstract number. It will also include a link to access your abstract, should you need to revise it.
The abstract submission system is designed to run on many internet browsers, but we recommend that you use the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer (v.11 / v.10), Google Chrome 5, or Firefox (v3.6 or better).
(to be used if you are not allowed to publish your own photo).
Contact for abstracts queries:
firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +972-(0)3-5651324